The APS Sales Executive Apprenticeship Diploma qualification (Level 4) is aimed at sales executive level learners who intend to develop and gain formal recognition of their knowledge, skills, behaviours and competence of working in sales or in an advancing sales professional role at this level. The qualification is suitable for sales executive level learners working in, or hoping to work in, a variety of executive sales or executive sales professional roles, either developing sales business, developing customer sales, or working with key accounts.
By achieving the qualification learners will cover the required essentials of working in, a variety of executive sales or executive sales professional roles, with respect to sales organisation and sales operations at this level. The core units cover the extremely important areas of winning business, developing sales proposals, building and maintaining effective relationships, managing sales territories, finding opportunities and determining sales priorities. The range of optional units allows learners the scope to choose those areas most relevant to them, including but not limited to: monitoring and evaluating sales information, managing sales pipelines, selling to international markets, obtaining and analysing sales related information and professional development. The units are competence based units and include the relevant knowledge, skills, behaviour and practical elements of working in, a variety of executive sales or executive sales professional roles, with respect to sales organisation and sales operations at this level.
To achieve the Sales Executive Apprenticeship, delegates must successfully complete the following units:
- Build and Retain effective sales relationships
- Manage sales territories or portfolios
- Determine selling priorities across a portfolio
- Develop sales proposals and quotations
And the five of the following electives:
- Obtain and analyse sales related information
- Using sales technology systems
- Promote ethical, legal and professional requirements and development
- Manage sales pipeline of prospects
- Sell products to International Markets
- Monitor and evaluate information for sales planning