Completing the module alone gives students the CAM Award for Advertising.
This unit aims to provide you with a knowledge and understanding of the function of advertising within the marketing mix, communications mix and society. This unit also aims to ensure that knowledge and understanding of the process of advertising, planning and measuring effectiveness are in place.
Guided Learning Hours
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Explain the role and structure of advertising in the marketing mix, the communications mix and society
- Explain the structure of the advertising industry and be able to identify the relationships between the advertiser, agencies, suppliers (e.g. research, production) and media owners
- Set appropriate advertising objectives, strategies and budgets
- Understand how to plan strategies for creative and media execution
- Describe the controls on advertising; social acceptability, legal controls & voluntary constraints, and be able to apply them to given advertisements
- Select appropriate methods for measuring the effectiveness of advertising
The Advertising Module is part of: