Completing this module alone gives delegates the CAM Award for Digital Marketing Planning.
The unit aims to provide programme members with the skills and knowledge to understand the fundamental planning concepts for an online organisation together with key factors in implementation, measurement and evaluation of successful campaigns. Digital marketing has evolved from a peripheral element of organisational marketing to one which is at the hub of customer-centric communications in an increasingly multi-channel environment (e.g. Mobile).
The unit will consider a range of environmental factors both internal and external (e.g. Legal) that will shape and influence the digital marketing planning process. Various e-business models will be explored. In addition, similarities and differences covering the mix elements in traditional and digital marketing will be addressed along with issues such as relationship marketing, permission and consumer concerns around privacy, trust and security.
Guided Learning Hours
Guided learning hours – Digital Marketing Planning – 100
Marketing Consumer Behaviour – 200
Digital Marketing Essentials – 100
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Explain the role of the marketing plan and communications plan within the context of the organisation’s strategy and culture
- Understand the marketing planning process and the links between each stage of the process
- Explain the role of marketing communications and how the tools of the communications mix can be coordinated effectively
- Develop marketing communication and brand support activities based on an understanding of the salient characteristics of the target audience
- Explain the importance of developing long term relationships with customers, channel members, agencies and other stakeholders and transfer such knowledge to the development of marketing communication activities
- Suggest suitable methods to influence the relationships an organisation has with its customers, any marketing channel partners and other stakeholders, using marketing communications