Completing the module alone gives students the CAM Award for Mobile Marketing in Practice.
Mobile is the most widely used media channel globally, with over one billion mobile devices sold each year. The medium is referred to as ‘always on and always connected’ and provides new ways for organisations and brands to connect with customers across all sectors. This unit will provide an introduction to good practice in mobile marketing and explore how it fits within the communications mix. It will also look at ways in which the channel can be maximised and how success in mobile marketing can be measured.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- define the concept of mobile marketing, and describe its evolution with respect to hardware, software, service provision, supply and as a medium for advertising and communication
- assess the range of opportunities that a mobile environment provides to marketers
- assess the reasons why mobile devices are used and the resulting impact on marketing communications decisions
- plan and evaluate mobile marketing activities
- design and develop a marketing concept using a mobile application
- describe future developments in mobile marketing
The Mobile Marketing in Practice Module is part of: