The Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing is being phased out. The final assessment board will be December 2018. A new postgraduate qualification is being introduced for January 2017 called the CIM Marketing Leadership Programme.
Most delegates take at least 18 months to complete the current syllabus so the deadlines are very tight and do not allow for any deferrals. Therefore, we are advising all students who have not submitted an assessment for the current syllabus to wait until the new qualification is introduced.
We will still be supporting our current students and any new students who need support up to the December 2018 board.
If you have already gained a significant level of knowledge and/or experience of marketing then the Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing may be for you. The focus is on the strategic aspects of marketing management and the qualification is increasingly seen as a benchmark of your competence at the highest level.
- Contribute research and insights to inform strategic marketing decisions
- Influence strategic decisions in an organisation to create value for customers and other stakeholders
- Manage and measure marketing activities undertaken as part of the implementation of a customer-focused strategy
- Formulate, present and justify a creative, customer-focused and innovative strategy for any given context
The primary role of strategic marketing is to identify and create value for the business through strongly differentiated positioning – by influencing the strategy and culture of the organisation in order to ensure that both have a strong customer focus. Strategic marketers should champion the customer experience and exert a strong influence on the organisation to adopt a customer orientation, contribute along with other directors and senior managers to its competitive strategy, align the organisation’s activities to the customer, and manage the organisation’s marketing activities.
The CIM Level 7 courses consist of two stages. The first stage has 4 Units. The aim of the course is to provide the knowledge, skills and knowhow for senior marketing managers.
If you are a senior practicing marketing manager and have no previous marketing qualifications you can speed up your level of knowledge and your entry by completing our Marketing Gateway Programme which will ensure you understand the theory expected at this level.
- CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing (either the 2004 or 2009 syllabus) or the CIM Advanced Certificate in Marketing
- A business or marketing Bachelors or Masters degree (or an equivalent qualification) where a minimum of half the credits come from marketing (i.e. 180 credits in Bachelor degrees and 90 credits in Masters degrees)
- A range of experience working at Senior Marketing Management level that has provided potential students with the ability to demonstrate that they can meet the learning outcomes of the CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing if required to do so to pass the entry test to Level 7.
Are you wondering whether to do the Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing? It’s a big decision which people are often unsure of. You might also be undecided between the Postgraduate Diploma or the Professional Diploma.