Our Certificate in Digital Marketing was devised for individuals who want to improve their understanding and experience in all things digital.
The progressive course will guide you through some of the key fundamentals of digital marketing, planning and executing digital campaigns as well as how to effectively measure campaign success. The Certificate in Digital Marketing comprises of five compulsory modules and the overall qualification can be completed in approximately nine months.
The five units that must be completed to gain the Certificate in Marketing are: Essentials of Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Planning, Marketing Fundamentals, Digital Analytics and Online Customer Experience. Delegates will also gain recognition for each unit achieved with an individual ‘Award’. For example, once the Digital Analytics unit is complete, this will be recognised with a ‘Award in Digital Analytics’. This can be instantly added to a CV to acknowledge the achievement of completing the unit successfully
Certificate in Digital Marketing
- Single Module £270.00 +VAT
Oxford College of Marketing is an OCN Approved Centre and the Certificate in Digital Marketing is accredited by Ofqual and OCN London as a level 4 qualification. Units are assessed through written assignments and exemptions from units are available.
Certificate in Digital Marketing Course Modules
Essentials of Digital Marketing – mandatory unit
Understand the key benefits of organisations undertaking digital marketing activities, and how they can be integrated with more traditional marketing.
- Learn about the key elements of digital campaigns including objective setting, budgeting and implementation
- Understand the digital communications mix and how digital media can be applied and measured.
Digital Marketing Planning – mandatory unit
Learn how to plan digital marketing activities and how the developing technology affects potential customers and their needs.
- Explore the different stages to developing an effective digital marketing plan
- Understand how the different elements of the digital marketing mix can be applied
- Learn how to control and measure digital marketing plans
Fundamentals of Marketing – mandatory unit
This unit is ideal for learning the basics of marketing for the first time or it can be used as revision by more experienced professionals. If you have previous marketing experience or qualifications, you may be eligible for an exemption. The module covers:
- What is marketing?
- How do consumers buy and what influences affect this?
- How can internal and external environments affect our marketing plans?
- How to plan marketing activities
Digital Analytics – mandatory unit
Measuring digital marketing activities is one of the key challenges facing businesses today. Understand how digital marketing activities can be successfully monitored, measured, analysed and optimised to improve results and ROI.
- Investigate core web metrics that can be used to evaluate website performance
- Understand a range of quantitative and qualitative indicators and reports that can be used to evaluate an online presence
- Understand the importance of adopting a testing strategy
Digital Customer Experience – mandatory unit
The customer should be at the heart of everything a marketer does. Understand the importance of digital customer experience and explore how this can affect the relationship between an organisation and customer. This module covers:
- How does the digital customer experience differ from the offline?
- Learn how to map the customer journey
- Understand the principles of user centre design
- Monitor and measure online customer experience
- Test and improve your customer experience
If you are interested in discussing this course face to face with one of our experienced Centre Managers, we offer Open Evening appointments in many locations across the UK.
To find your nearest centre, please look on our locations page.