Level 4 – Certificate in Sales and Marketing Management
The ISM Level 4 Certificate in Sales and Marketing Management is the second tier in the ISM Level 4 qualifications. The course focuses on developing the students understanding of sales and account management. With just two mandatory units and a choice of electives, it gives the student an opportunity to tailor their qualification to their interests and skills. All tiers of qualification (Awards, Certificate and Diploma) are in line with other Ofqual recognised qualifications such as a first year university degree or a Higher National Certificate. All work is assessed via assignment based work and no examinations, making this course flexible and suited to a busy sales professional.
A level higher than a single Award, the Certificate is achieved when a student achieves 18 credits made up from two mandatory units (totalling 9 credits) and their chosen electives. Please see below the mandatory units and your choice of electives:
- Single Module Distance Learning £270 +VAT
Mandatory Units – totalling 9 credits
- Managing Responsible Selling (U401) – 4 credits, assessed via work based evidence or assignment
- Understanding Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning (U402)- 5 credits, assessed via work based evidence or assignment
Optional Units – a further 9 credits are needed with the mandatory to gain the Certificate
- Managing a sales team (U403)- 6 credits, assessed via work based evidence or assignment
- Operational sales planning (U404) – 5 credits, assessed via work based evidence or assignment
- Sales negotiations (U405) – 5 credits, assessed via work based evidence or assignment
- Analysing the marketing environment (U406)- 5 credits, assessed via work based evidence or assignment
- Finance for sales managers (U407) – 7 credits, assessed via work based evidence or assignment
- Writing and delivering a sales proposal (U408) – 4 credits, assessed via work based evidence or assignment
The Level 4 courses are designed for practising sales or account managers, or for those who are wanting to transition into these roles in the future. The qualification works particularly well if you are currently in an operational sales position that requires you to manage people and/or resources. While there are no formal entry requirements, you must be over the age of 16 years old and have your entry level approved by a member of the Oxford College of Marketing team.
If you are looking for a bigger qualification, take a look at The Level 4 Diploma in Sales and Marketing Management
What You Will Learn?
We offer the full range of Level 4 units which can be studied singularly, or they can be developed to build a higher qualification. Please see below:
- Award in Sales and Marketing Management: each unit can be described as a single Award
- Certificate in Sales and Marketing Management: requires the completion of the 2 mandatory units (9 credits) plus a additional 9 credits to be made from the remaining electives (total 18 credits).
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing Management: requires students to have completed all eight modules. This will give a total of 41 credits.
All units are assessed via work based evidence OR work based assignment. For details on the Units, how they are delivered and number of credits.
This course is offered at Oxford College of Marketing as:
- Pure online distance learning: This course can be studied in its entirety via online learning
You will also be supported throughout the modules by a tutor who you can contact and can answer any questions about the module content or help you with assessment queries. You can find out more on what to expect when studying with Oxford College of Marketing when you ask for a FREE TRIAL.
How Long Will The Course Take?
We believe in a flexible approach and so you can start your studying as soon as you like. The ISM courses are based on a credit system, with each credit being recommended 10 learning hours. For example: – U401 Managing Responsible Selling, 4 credits = 40 learning hours including assignment.
At the College we provide three year of support for each student from the date they enrol. This will give you plenty of time to complete your ISM qualification. Please see below the guideline for completing each tier.
- Award : 1.5-2 months
- Certificate : 6-9 months
- Diploma: 12-18months
What Is Included In The Fee?
When you sign up for an Award, Certificate or the full Diploma, you will receive the following:-
- Online access to the academic material via our Online Learning system
- Access to our online, email and telephone support team
- Personal Assignment tutor with telephone and email support
As part of your support, we will pay for your ISM Student Annual Membership for your first year of study with every full Diploma course; worth £128. Your Membership level will be validated by the ISM based on your experience and education.
Free access to:
- Free access to the Marketing Foundation Programme worth £200, to give you a basic marketing theory overview
- Free access to the CAM Digital Marketing Essentials course worth £400, giving you an insight into understanding digital media, social media and how to use this to your advantage as a sales professional. If you wish to then continue to gain the award we will give you a 20% discount (not to be used in conjunction with any other offer).
- Free access to the Customer Experience Award of the Certificate in Professional
- Core e-Study Guide for each module, written by the ISM as an essential learning tool for each module. Here you will have an opportunity to complete mini tasks and homework’s to help with your learning and tailor your ideas to the assignment.
Online Learning System – Two Week Free Trial
Our student online learning system provides learning support for students studying all CIM, CAM Communications and Digital Marketing, UCI Digital courses, Oxcom Digital Marketing and ISM courses. You will be given access to recorded classes, live and recorded webinars, podcasts, course notes, text book references, web site references, examples and analysis of exam questions, self-progress tests, PowerPoint slides and podcasts to act as aide memoirs to each section and video provided by The Oxford Learning Lab.
Oxford College of Marketing Webinars
To find out more about studying with us sign up for a free webinar
If you couldn’t make or missed out on the free webinar taster session don’t worry!
We Have the Recording of it Right Here