Level 3 – The Certificate in Sales and Marketing
The ISMM Level 3 Certificate in Sales and Marketing is the second tier in the ISMM Level 3 qualifications. All tiers of qualification (Awards, Certificate and Diploma) are in line with other Ofqual recognised qualifications such an A-level, BTEC National or NVQ level 3. All work is assessed via assignment based work and no examinations, making this course flexible and suited to a busy sales professional.
A step higher a single Award, the Certificate is achieved when a student completes each of the mandatory units totalling 17 credits. Please note that the first unit is taken from the Level 2 qualification, and can be studied as a standalone Level 2 Award:
- Understanding laws and ethics of selling (U201)- assessed via work based evidence or assignment
- Preparing and delivering a sales presentation (U301) – assessed via work based evidence or assignment
- Handling objections, negotiating and closing sales (U302) – assessed via work based evidence or assignment
- Understanding influences on buyer behaviour (U303) – assessed via work based evidence or assignment
- Single Module Disrance Learning £245
The Level 3 courses are perfect for sales professionals in their first or second sales role, who want to enhance their knowledge and skills to progress in their field. The qualification works particularly well if you are currently in a sales position as your work can be based on your current organisation. While there are no formal entry requirements, you must be over the age of 16 years old and have your entry level approved by a member of the Oxford College of Marketing Team.
If you are looking for a bigger qualification, please take a look at The Level 3 Diploma in Sales and Marketing
What Will You Learn?
We offer the full range of level 3 units which can make up:
- Award in Sales and Marketing: each unit can be described as a single Award
- Certificate in Sales and Marketing: requires the completion of the 4 mandatory units (17 credits in total)
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing: requires students to have completed the Certificate course above plus any optional units giving a minimum total of 37 credits (including the Certificate credits)
All units are assessed via work based evidence OR work based assignment. For details on the Units, how they are delivered and number of credits; please click here.
This course is offered at Oxford College of Marketing as:
- Pure online distance learning
You will also be supported throughout the modules by a tutor who you can contact and can answer any questions about the module content or help you with assessment queries.
How long will the course take?
We believe in a flexible approach and so you can start your studying as soon as you like. The ISMM courses are based on a credit system, with each credit being recommended 10 learning hours. For example: – U401 Managing Responsible Selling, 4 credits = 40 learning hours including assignment.
At the College we provide three year of support for each student from the date they enrol. This will give you plenty of time to complete your ISMM qualification. Please see below the guideline for completing each tier.
- Award : 1.5-2 months
- Certificate : 6-9 months
- Diploma: 12-18months
What is included in the fee?
When you sign up for an Award, Certificate or the full Diploma, you will receive the following:-
- Online access to the academic material via our Online Learning system
- Access to our online, email and telephone support team
- Personal Assignment tutor with telephone and email support
As part of your support, we will pay for your ISMM Student Annual Membership for your first year of study with every full Diploma course; worth £128. Your Membership level will be validated by the ISMM based on your experience and education. Benefits include the use of any designatory letters associated with the membership may be used (AInstMM, MInstMM, FInstMM), subscription to Winner’s Edge magazine, exclusive members only seminars and webinars and additional support.
Free access to:
- Free access to the Marketing Foundation Programme worth £200, to give you a basic marketing theory overview
- Free access to the CAM Digital Marketing Essentials course worth £400, giving you an insight into understanding digital media, social media and how to use this to your advantage as a sales professional. If you wish to then continue to gain the award we will give you a 20% discount (not to be used in conjunction with any other offer).
- Free access to the Customer Experience Award of the Certificate in Professional
Marketing £383, to enable you to understand the customer journey. If you wish to then continue to gain the award we will give you a 20% discount (not to be used in conjunction with any other offer).
- Core e-Study Guide for each module, written by the ISMM as an essential learning tool for each module. Here you will have an opportunity to complete mini tasks and homework’s to help with your learning and tailor your ideas to the assignment.