Postgraduate Diploma in Social Media Studies
According to recent research, marketers place a very high value on Social Media. 86% of marketers surveyed indicate that social media is important for their business, while 88% want to know the most effective social tactics and the best ways to engage their audience with social media (Social Media Marketing Industry Report, 2013).
From Facebook to LinkedIn, Twitter to YouTube – companies and individuals are embracing social media platforms at an ever-increasing pace.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Social Media Studies addresses the many issues surrounding this phenomenon and provides a roadmap to help individuals and companies navigate social media to gain a competitive edge.
The program addresses the fundamental questions:
- What are the best social media strategies and tactics to employ?
- How much to invest in social media?
- How to measure and track social media tactics?
- How to integrate social media into the overall marketing plans?
Students will gain the knowledge, experience, and practical skills to immediately apply their learning in the workplace.
Distance Learning from
- Blended Learning from £1,825+VAT
- Single Module Distance Learning £315
- Understand how to form and optimise social networks.
- Design and implement a social media strategy.
- Integrate the use of social media tools into implementation of marketing initiatives and other strategic business initiatives.
- Implement measurement strategies to track and measure the ROI of social media.
- Map metrics and evaluate results of specific social media driven results.
- Discover new media technologies and identify which is best suited for your product or business.
- All UCI Course fees include membership of the Digital Marketing Association for 2 years
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for executives or teams of professionals working in marketing, advertising, branding, communications, or sales. It is also appropriate for individuals seeking to employ social media to further their individual careers.
To register your interest please contact us.
To receive the specialized studies award in Social Media, complete a minimum of 9 units (90 hours) of core courses with a grade of “C” or better within five (5) years of enrolling in the first course.
Digital Marketing Concepts (2 credits) is a required unit and the others are electives to make up 9 credits in total.
1. Strategic Social Media Planning (2 credits)
2. Utilising and Integrating Social Media Channels (2 credits)
3. Social Media and Online Audience Profiling (1.5 credits)
4. Social Media Measurement and Evaluation (1.5 credits)
5. Content Marketing (1.5 credits)
6. Blogging for Business (2.5 credits)
One exemption is open for students that can show they have covered the material in the syllabus of any of the elective/core subjects of the digital marketing or social media studies at level4/5 or above through a NARIC recognised institute, university or college or equivalent higher education training body.